Sunday, March 27, 2011

Appreciating One's Husband (Part II of The Preciousness of Time, sort of)

The little things that bug me – like how he leaves empty bags and cartons and cans on the kitchen counter instead of throwing them away as soon as he empties them – this morning I decided to look at this detritus as proof that he’s still here with me.  So instead of feeling put out each time, I get to feel grateful for having him in my life.  Why didn’t I think of this sooner? 

I remember when my kids were small and I was complaining to my sister Jeanie about some damage my son had caused to something in the house (which I don’t even remember now), she told me that her son had scratched his name into the side of a raised bed in their garden and how irritated she was at the time, but now that he was out of the house, she treasured it.  I never forgot that.  Just didn’t think of applying the principle to husbands and their annoying ways. 

Room for more love and appreciation.  Always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment